Data Protection Policy
This Data Protection Policy ("Policy") sets out the basis which Singapore Professionals' & Executives' Co-Operative Limited ("SPEC", “we”, “us”, or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise manage or process personal data of our customers in accordance with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (No. 26 of 2012) (“PDPA”). This Policy applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
The Data Protection Policy supplements but does not replace any other consents you may have previously provided to SPEC in respect of your Personal Data (e.g. the Membership form that members sign when joining SPEC). SPEC may from time to time update this Data Protection Policy to ensure that the Data Protection Policy is consistent with our future developments and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of the Data Protection Policy as updated from time to time on this page.
(i) from that data; or
(ii) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
2. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include your name and identification information such as your NRIC number, contact information such as your address, email address or telephone number, nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status, photographs and other audio-visual information, employment information and financial information such as credit card numbers, debit card numbers or bank account information.
3. Other terms used in this Policy shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
4. We generally do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose, which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
5. We may collect your personal data and use the information collected (without limitation) for the following purposes:
(a) when you submit an application form to join SPEC, or to participate in any SPEC programmes, events and activities;
(b) verifying your identity; update our records and generally administer and maintain your account with us;
(c) performing obligations in the course of or in connection with provision of goods and/or services requested by you;
(d) responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
(e) communicating any relevant information and managing your relationship with us;
(f) processing payment or credit transactions;
(g) sending you marketing information about our goods or services
(h) complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
(i) any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
(j) any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
(k) to share with our business affiliates or partners for marketing purposes subject to your consent*
*Please note our business affiliates or partners will send you information on their products and services directly, and we shall only disclose the relevant contact information to them for that purpose.
6. SPEC protects your Personal Data against unauthorised disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, we may disclose your personal data:
(a) where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods or services requested by you; or
(b) to third party service providers, agents and other organisations whom we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in clause 5 above for us.
7. The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
Withdraw of Consent, Access and Correction of Personal Data
9. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing by post to:
Singapore Professionals' & Executives' Co-Operative Ltd 12 Arumugam Road, LTC Building B #02-12A, Singapore 409958.
Please note that if your Personal Data has been provided to us by a third party (e.g. a referrer), you should contact that organisation or individual to make such queries, complaints, access and correction requests.
10. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
11. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 8 above.
12. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
13. This Data Protection Policy shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore. For more information, go to https://www.pdpc.gov.sg/legislation-and-guidelines
Acknowledgement & Consent
14. You are deemed to have read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions of this Policy and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by SPEC for the purposes set out in the Policy. By submitting your information and contact details on the website and/or allowing cookies when visiting our website, you agree to receive information and marketing materials from SPEC, including (but not limited to) offers, promotions, updates and information about our programmes, events and activities via channels such as email, direct-mailer, text message or telephone call.